A first for Leona Loves - Leona does not love......

Sunday 26 July 2015
Good Morning!

Those of you who have been following my blog will most likely have read my last blog post about a new website called covet.me! Myself and many others absolutely loved the concept! I mean who wouldn't love sharing items they adored to earn vouchers in return?
  I must say for quite a while covet.me was the hottest new website on facebook and twitter. So many people were coveting items and talking about how much they liked the site. There was nothing else like it around and everyone wanted to be part of it!

Members were getting vouchers for their hard work albeit rather slowly which convinced many others that this was indeed a website they absolutely must be part of!

When I first became a member there were notices of delays as covet.me explained they had been so popular that they were swamped and whilst members had to wait longer for their hard earned vouchers they would definitely be receiving them. So of course I began to covet! I didn't mind waiting at all! After all it was a fabulous concept and it was so popular so I wanted to be part of it.

I earned my very first voucher on the 6th May. I was so pleased with myself as the points had taken some time to accumulate! I chose a £100 Urban Outfitters voucher with my points.

A few days pass! No big deal right? There are delays and so the three days mentioned when I claimed my voucher were unlikely.

Days become weeks! I tweet covet.me at this point as I'm wondering just when my voucher will arrive. Covet were very late in replying to me as they were very swamped with tweets of the exact same nature. A week later they did reply! Basically the told me I had passed their security checks and I was high priority for my voucher. Yippee I thought! It's coming, it's coming! I checked my email pretty much every hour after receiving that message feeling so excited. I even added every Urban Outfitters item I had planned to buy to my favourites ready to make my order. Nothing!

Weeks become months! By now I have tweeted covet at least a dozen times and whilst they have been quicker to respond to my tweets it has always been the same reply. Be patient!
  As you can imagine I'm now very upset. Many hours and hours have been spent coveting items to gain points. Time I could have spent elsewhere!

Of course I'm not the only one currently in limbo. There are tons of members in this exact same situation and they to are getting very angry!

Now we all have the patience of a saint. Well, to a certain degree right? But seriously! How much longer do we wait? Well I for one am almost through waiting. I'm looking into the correct people to report this website to. I will give covet.me just one more week to get me my first voucher! If nothing arrives then the reports will go through.

How many of my readers are waiting for vouchers? Please let me know how long you have been waiting!



26 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh that's a shame when companies don't follow through on their promises. Fingers crossed for you that your voucher arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is so wrong. Keep naming and shaming them. I hope your voucher comes soon.
http://fashionandstylepolice.com

Nadine Hill said...

Oh dear- what a shame. It'll be disappointing for you and all the other people waiting patiently but I also bet the organisers are also upset at the way things have panned out. Maybe they didn't expect such a huge response and it's set them back? I hope you get your voucher soon.

Sonia said...

I've never heard of them, I'd be pretty miffed if it was me though!

leonii_w said...

never heard of them but I hope you get it sorted quickly

Unknown said...

Same story here, requested my first voucher on the 19th May, waiting on three in total. Had a few emails telling me "soon" but how long their soon is really is anyone's guess.

Unknown said...

i am exactly the same , i was one of the first to join in on the craze, thought wow this is a great thing to do and I will be able to treat my self to some maternity clothes as being mum to 7 already and the surprise another was on the way just after moving home it came as a a huge shock, i tweeted loads and they inboxed me back assuring me all would be ok , i was tld i had been put into the spam folder for inviting fake people to the site after two months of waiting and i replied saying i never done anything which i shouldnt have and certainly had not even invited anyone to the site as i knew how much people were getting annoyed at all the requests and i for one appreciate their wishes so never did, they then replied saying sorry and to be patient again and i tried to get onto the site where they had wiped all of my previous shares and i was unable to do anything on there, i merely give up , i had three vouchers consisting of 1 x 100 and 2 x 50 and not received any of them , not expecting to though i think they have simply used all the big massive bloggers out there , gave them theirs to bit the word up and left us genuine people who helped in beginning to do without x

Erika said...

I haven't heard of the site and it is such a shame that they have let you down. I hope you get it sorted.

Jen Walshaw said...

This is terrible and I have heard of the site, It always put me off being an early adopter,

Unknown said...

I also am waiting on several vouchers - replies to tweets are slow they are barely active on anything.

delays of several months are not acceptable. I don't see how it can take months to send a voucher once you pass their security checks it seems to me they are just stalling.

Hannah Wood said...

Wow this is a eye opener have to say and not good service at all.

Sarah Bailey said...

I have received £100 - they owe me another £100 and I have I think around £400 worth in my account which I haven't bothered cashing out as I just don't think I'll ever see it.

Unknown said...

I have given up hope - they obviously dont have the money to pay us :-(

Kara said...

I had a look at the site but never registered and I am now glad I didn't. I would report them if I were you, sounds like a complete shambles

Liz Burton said...

Oh no how disappointing. I must admit when I first heard of the site and scheme I did think it sounded a bit too good to be true. I hope they come through in the end though.

oana79 said...

Sounds like they were the victims of their own success and they had not expected the huge success they generated! Hope they get themselves sorted with their admin and start fulfilling those promises!xx

Rebecca Smith said...

Fingers crossed you get it soon x

Claire Toplis said...

Hoping it all gets sorted. I too have seen people in the same position

beautyqueenuk said...

I am still waiting for my £100 which they are now saying is only £10!

Vai said...

This is such a shame. Wonder why they make promises they cannot keep.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh that is terrible - have to say I hadnt heard of the site before, but I certainly wont be bothering taking a look if this is the sort of service they privide!

Lifewithliv said...

I did join but thought it all sounded too good to be true so didn't really use it. I really hope you get what you earned. There must be something you can do if not.

Unknown said...

Sounds like they've bitten off more than they can chew. I do hope you get your voucher.

Unknown said...

I'm waiting on 3 vouchers one since start of June the others later in June, I've not been waiting as long as some of you but I've stopped coveting just think they have no intention of paying people now. I hope I'm wrong but they don't even seem to be responding to messages or tweets anymore.

AngelEden said...

Never used them thankfully, but terrible to advertise a service that you can't provide

Ickle Pickle said...

Oh gosh - I remember everyone being so excited about this a little while ago. I do hope you get your voucher (or that you have had it by now) Kaz x

Post a Comment