Leona Loves.......Daddy-O Shampoo from Lush!

Sunday 7 June 2015
A few months ago I decided to treat myself to a few new goodies from Lush. I picked my usual favourites and then glanced over at the shampoo products. I'd never tried them before but I loved the purple colour of Daddy-O so I popped the smallest bottle in to my basket.


"Daddy-O works to add volume and shine to your hair. It’s the lemon and organic lime juice which allow the cuticles to lie flat and reflect more light, helping the hair to shine. We've created an infusion from toothed wrack seaweed and organic lemons, that cleanses and softens. Extra virgin coconut oil hydrates the hair, whilst fine sea salt gets to work by to softening and giving body to your hair. What makes this extra special is that it can revive your silver and blonde tones."

Now I'm very fussy when it comes to the products I put in to my hair. I generally stay with the same shampoo and conditioner. I NEVER change it up! Hey! If it isn't broken then don't fix it right? So of course it comes of no surprise that here I am several months later with a bottle of Daddy-O untouched on my bathroom shelf! Well tonight I fancied a little change and decided to risk it and try something new for the first time in a good year or so! Boy am I glad I did!

The shampoo itself it's a very dark purple and when I added some to my hand ready to put on to my hair I was a little nervous. It was so dark and ink looking! I thought it was going to turn my hair purple! Really! But still, on to my hair it went. The shampoo lathered up very well and lightened to a very pretty purple. It smelled fantastic! As I washed out the shampoo the smell of Daddy-O engulfed my bathroom and changed my bath water a lovely purple shade. It was as if I'd placed a bath bomb from Lush in to my bath. I was really surprised a small amount of shampoo would have such an effect!

So here I am righting my review with my hair feeling super soft and shiny looking wondering why I hadn't tried Daddy-O sooner? Needless to say I will be buying more and it will be the largest bottle!

I've learnt not to be so fussy with my hair as there are some amazing products out there just waiting for me to try! Thank you Lush for such a fantastic shampoo!


18 comments:

angela hamilton 2014 said...

ooohhhh I need to try this. I love Lush but have only used the bathbombs hehe x

beautyqueenuk said...

I am a huge fan of Lush Shampoo's and whilst I love this, I do prefer the shampoo bars x

Sonia said...

I love Lush and their shampoos are fab, especially love the shampoo bars - they last for ages!

MichelleTwinMum said...

Ohh this sounds nice but with blond hair, I'd also be worried to put purple shampoo on it! lol Mich x

Jen Walshaw said...

I can not get inside a lush shop without sneezing so much I have to leave! I love the sound of it though

cuddlebunny said...

ive never tried any lush products but heard lots good things about them

JibberJabberUK said...

I know what you mean about sticking with a shampoo! I really have to be tempted to try something new.

JibberJabberUK said...

I know what you mean about sticking with a shampoo! I really have to be tempted to try something new.

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

I love Lush - you can smell a Lush shop from a mile away can't you x x

Happy Homebird said...

Lush products are great, I feel a trip to my local one is on the cards soon.

Kara said...

I love Lush products and I live so close to the factory that I get the smells wafting in if the wind is blowing in the right direction

tinkertink2010 said...

I love their bath stuff - have never tried their shampoo though!

Lifewithliv said...

I've never tried their products but everyone raves about them, maybe it's time to try!

Globalmouse said...

I love Lush and love the sound of this. I'm just like you and stick to the same product but I've definitely been tempted now to give this a go!

Sarah Bailey said...

I adore Lush it is most definitely one of my favourite stores.

Unknown said...

I love Lush, as do my kids - everything smells sooooo lovely!

Unknown said...

I love lush and I'm always looking for a treat for my hair so will check this out

Ickle Pickle said...

I love Lush - but haven't heard of this range. I bet it smells gorgeous!! Kaz x

Post a Comment